FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Dr. J Pietro Aparicio
The Latino Caucus is seeking interested parties to apply for a six-month internship (paid stipend). Terms of Reference for the internship is noted below.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Intern (Paid Stipend)
American Public Health Association - Latino Caucus for Public Health
Duration: 6 months
Time Commitment: 6 hours/week
Supervisor: Latino Caucus Board
OBJECTIVES OF THE INTERNSHIP:
Within the Latino Caucus of the American Public Health Association, the goals are to focus on public health issues within the Latino community that affect and are affected by public health students, professionals, and researchers. With the development and growth of the Latino caucus, the Latino Caucus board is looking to create an internship that focuses on membership, fundraising, and conference booth management. This internship will be essential in further enhancing the goals and impact of the Latino Caucus within the Latino community around the country.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Under the supervision and guidance of the Latino Caucus board members, the intern will support activities that directly relate to membership, fundraising, and conference logistics. These activities may include any or all of the following to varying degrees according to the intern's interest and skills:
- Develop the membership database online.
- Manage outreach to new members.
- Work on projects related to outreach and membership attainment and growth.
- Assist in fundraising projects before and during the conference.
- Assist in managing the booth at the Annual APHA meeting.
- Participate in monthly teleconference with Latino Caucus (2nd Friday)
- Note: All work will be done by teleworking.
- Member of APHA
- Member of Latino Caucus
- Marketing (preferable)
- Social Media (ie. Facebook, Twitter, etc…)
- Stipend of $500
- Free Registration for APHA Annual Meeting (Denver, Colorado)
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit the following to Dr. J Pietro Aparicio at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 19, 2016:
- Letter of Interest
- Phone and Email of 1 person of reference
About the Latino Caucus for Public Health: The Latino Caucus’ mission is to represent and advocate for the health interests of the Latino community, both within and outside APHA while providing a leadership opportunity for young professionals to share their experience with others in the field of public health. For more information regarding the Latino Caucus, please visit: www.latinocaucus-apha.org